Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Students, I am still in the "Kindergarten Club"

Space & Time, 48x48, oil on canvas, all palette knife    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like a lot of struggles, the solution may just be a simple one. Organization is so simple yet if you waste time not putting things in order, then it can be exhausting to catch up. In painting, you need to collect yourself everyday. Just by doing it at the same time makes you conscious of bold habits, effective prayer time at the easel, virtually setting your mind to tasks. Some painters have joined the virtual social breakfast club, checking e mail and facebook every morning at the same time. I am one of them. I see that what they are up to and take note of the time, so I am calling us the "Early Morning Painters Club." Then we go into our studio and work, sometimes making posts during breaks, sometime posting problems paintings or just "lookeehere what I am doing" posts.
I wonder if they are still in their pajamas. I have been know to do some great pajama paintings. 
sometimes they post, I am blank today, of ideas," then bingo sometimes kicks in, maybe after a walk. Creativity is endless, boundless, intensified by the doing. As the easel dance continues, idea and motifs form and give us clues to how to proceed. We can pat ourselves on the back after the day is ended and the wine is brought out. As I pour my glass, I wish I had a chart on my fridge like I had when my boys were little that contained gold stars for the doing of chores and tasks. I would give myself a red one today, very close the the old one of yesterday, just  for an extra connection to the end of a painting.
I now can go to my social page and write about the stimulation and excitement, the beautiful calmness, a connection to the history of the past artists and the other early morning creators. We are connected by the task of cleaning up, by the smell of turps and mediums and the welcome procession of creative joy, If we stay organized we can have our mind working in perfect harmony with creating and cleaning up and doing it all over again each day. Like Kindergarten, they teach you do do your tasks everyday the same, and you complete your tasks well.... so much then, it becomes mindless. It's a miracle these days we can can proceed, and it is worth the aloneness. Oh..... and membership is free to the club.

"Boldness has genius, power and magic. Engage, and the mind grows heated. Begin and the work WILL be completed." Goethe

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is coming along so good!!! I can tell that you are enjoying it ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete