Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Home, Skylight Farm, Cashiers, NC



SKYLIGHT FARM, CASHIERS, NC
www.cashiersskylightfarm.com

Skylight Farm is my home and one of those special places where people come to share magic in my studio. Students, painter friends, and gourmet foodies who like Chris’ cuisine (my husband)  come for exceptional learning opportunities on pretty well everything our world needs right now. Organic cooking lessons, wildcrafting, writing, breathing, dancing, meditation, nonviolence, healing, social consciousness, strategizing, loving, shamanism, the purposeful life, contemplation, mysticism, leadership, photography, focus, immersion, enchantment, authenticity, creativity, painting, cognitive therapy, leadership, and lemme see, fellowship? We call it” life artist therapy.” Some students bring their paintings that are in a stuck mode on what I call” MAGICAL MONDAYS” and we fix them, re-shape or re-paint them into a finished state, or more of a polished place. What we all get out of it is confidence and a perfect day of thought and contemplation of a work well done. It works well when there are 4 students ($25 each) and I mentor them into a more confident state of mind. I have been there and done that so I get to correct my own mistakes over and over again, so of course I get a lot out of it myself. It is kinda like a chance to get your groove back. Once in a while we will get a married couple that do the cooking lessons with Chris and the art lessons with me on a private venue. Life is about sharing, and Skylight farm is that special place we get a chance to share with others.

Artfully Speaking,
Karen Weihs
Working on the painting that in now
called "Silent Wings," 30x40 on my banner above. It will be featured in the July show at Ella Richardson Gallery in Charleston, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment